Nutella pie is simple, easy, and incredibly delicious. I can’t think of a better way to utilize the yummy Nutella staple. Make this up and impress your dinner guests with your creativity. As always, let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making this tasty dessert. First, you can make the pie shell from scratch or buy the Graham crust premade from the supermarket. The crackers can also be bought already crushed or you can crush them yourself in a Ziplock bag. Some Nutella pie recipes don’t use whipping cream, but I find it gives the pie a light, airy texture. We always get the question about using all purpose cream. I find it never whips up that well as you really need cream with about 30 percent fat. I let the pie shell sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to set, but it can be put in the freezer for a bit to speed up the process. You can do the same with the pie itself. The Nutella pie keeps nicely in the fridge for a few days, so you can always make it up the day before you serve it.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- For the filling:
- 1 cup Nutella
- 225 g of whipping cream, whipped
- 225 g of cream cheese
- for the Graham pie shell:
- 1 1/4 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons of white granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Add the Graham crackers, sugar, and butter to a mixing bowl. Using a spatula, fold it together until a wet, sandy mixture forms.
- Put it in a nine inch pie plate and flatten it down.
- Place it in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up.
- Combine the Nutella and Cream cheese together in a bowl. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and microwave the Nutella for 20 or 30 seconds to make them more workable. Mix until they are well incorporated.
- Pour the whipping cream into a cold bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip for about 3 to 4 minutes until you get semi-stiff peaks.
- Add the whipping cream to the Nutella and cream cheese mixture and fold everything together.
- Put the mixture into the Graham shell and use a spatula to smooth it out.
- Place the pie in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top, serve, and enjoy your Nutella pie.