m&m Christmas cake is simple, moist, and delicious. I always serve it up during the holidays, but you can serve it up any time of year. Believe me, everybody will love it.
There are a couple of tips to making this tasty cake. First, I always us Duncan Hines white cake, but you can use the cake mixture of your choice. We love m@m’s but you can use whatever you like. Cool Whip is so easy, but if you want to make up your own frosting, by all means do so. You can also use the extracts your choice and add as much food coloring as you like.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 box of white cake mix (486 grams)
- 1 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 5 drops of green food coloring
- 5 drops of lime extract
- 5 drops of red food coloring
- 5 drops of strawberry extract
- 1 package of M and M’s
- 1 Liter of Cool Whip
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the cake mix in a bowl. Pour in the water, oil, and egg whites. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls.
- In the first bowl, add in the food coloring and the lime extract. Mix until well incorporated.
- In the second bowl, add in the red food coloring and the strawberry extract. Mix until well combined.
- Spray two 8 inch baking pans with baking spray and pour the mixtures in.
- Place them in the oven and bake them for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow them to cool. Trim the tops so they are even.
- Spread cool whip over the top of the green cake. Then, place the red cake over it.
- Cover the cake completely with cool whip. Put some red and green m&m’s around the base. Sprinkle more m&m’s over the top.
- Serve and enjoy your m@m Christmas cake.