Bacon wrapped chicken breasts are elegant and delicious. We first encountered these at a small country diner. They were good, but relatively simple as they just contained a rather small chicken breast covered with bacon. We thought a nice touch would be to add some cranberry sauce, cream cheese, and a generous application of salt and pepper. And you guessed it, we were right. They taste of these wraps it out of this world. If you don’t have cranberry sauce, you can leave it out, but it is well worth it as it adds an additional sweet, succulent flavor. For that matter, the same applies to the cream cheese.
It is critical not to bake these more than 20 to 25 minutes as the the filling will start to run out and create a gooey mess. Likewise, ensure that the chicken breasts are a room temperature. Lastly be sure to pound the breasts gently as you don’t want to do too much damage to the texture of the meat.
Serve these incredible bacon wrapped chicken breasts up with you choice of salad or vegetables. Try these today you will find they are well worth the time and effort.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 large boneless chicken breast
- 3-4 tbsp tbsp cream cheese
- 6 strips bacon
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- Servings: 2
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place chicken on a flat surface and cover with saran wrap. Pound gently until 1/4 inch thick.
- Season one side of the the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread cream cheese followed by a generous amount of cranberry sauce. Cranberry sauce is optional, if you don’t have on hand, leave it out.Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Roll the chicken up into a log or loaf shapes. Wrap them with the strips of bacon.
- Place them on a baking tray. Put them into a 400 degree F preheat oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and cut into serving pieces. Serve them and enjoy.