Chicken salad wraps are simple and delicious. These can be made up any day of the week, require only a few steps, and can be made in a few minutes. They make a great snack or lunch.
This recipe uses a few simple ingredients. You can, however, vary them according to you preferences. You may want to consider adding sour cream, raisins, or pineapples, as well. I use white cheddar cheese. You can use the cheese of your choice, however. The size of the torilla wrapper is optional. Wrappers within the range of 7 to 9 inches work the best. I like my chicken salad wraps on the creamy side, so I add a lot of mayo. If you want them a little on the dry side, simply cut back on the amount of mayo you add.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of Parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp of Tabasco
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 4 flour tortillias
- cooking oil or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Servings: 4
- Level: Easy
- Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
[btn color=”orange” target=””]cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Add olive oil to a preheated pan. Place the chicken in and fry it, over medium high heat, until it is cooked through. This should take about 4 minutes on each side. Shred it, using two forks, and set it aside.
- Add the mayo, scallions, celery, parsley, tabasco, shredded chicken to a mixing bowl. Toss everything together.
- Grate some cheese over the torilias leaving about a 1/2 border around the edges. Scoop 1/4 of the chicken mixture into the top 2/3’s of the tortillias, tuck it under, and roll it. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and place the chicken salad wraps in seam side down. Cook them for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken salad wraps.