Coleslaw is a popular side dish. It’s commonly served with many proteins such as pork, beef, or chicken. It is extremely simple to make and is a welcomed addition at barbeques and many social events. When you make this coleslaw, it can be served immediately; although, it’s best when it sits in the dressing for 10 to 12 hours. One of the most sought out and popular coleslaw recipes is from KFC. I believe, allowing the slaw to side in the dressing for a few hours is one their secrets. If you want a little more zing, you might want to consider adding a little more vinegar. We use white vinegar, but apple or cider vinegar works extremely well, too.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/4 of a cabbage, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 medium carrot, cut i thin strips
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 5
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until everything is well combined
- In separate bowl, combine cabbage, carrots onions. Toss until they are well combined
- Pour the sauce over the coleslaw and mix well using your hands or a spoon.
- Chill for 12 hours or serve right away. Enjoy!