can still make this without muffin cups, however, and it will still be fine. Also,
sifting the flour before using it, is important to make the bread extra spongy
and smooth. You’re in luck because this recipe is probably close to what you are looking for! Now you know the secret? Don’t waste your time and start making this today.[hr][wpsr_facebook][wpsr_pinterest][wpsr_stumbleupon][wpsr_linkedin][printfriendly][hr][two_third][btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients[/btn]For dough:
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- extra flour for dusting
- 4 g (1 pack) instant yeast
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh warm milk
- 1/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- softened butter for filling
- unsalted softened butter
- grated edan or cheddar cheese
- Yield: 24
- Time 1 hour 40 minutes
- Level: Advanced
- Cuisine: Filipino, Spanish
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, add water, yeast and a teaspoon of sugar. Stir until combined. Set aside in a warm place for at least 5-10 minutes or until foamy and bubbly.
- In separate bowl, combine the sifted flour, remaining sugar and salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients starting by beaten eggs, milk, melted butter and yeast mixture. Mix until dough forms. (Add more flour if the dough is too wet.)
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for at least 10 minutes until becomes smooth and elastic ball forms.
- Transfer the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Put in a warm place and let the dough rise for at least 1 hour or until doubles its size.
- After an hour, punch the dough in the middle to let the air scape. Place the dough on a floured surface and divide into four equal parts.
- Form each piece into log shape (like an embutido). Divide into 4 individual pieces about 60 grams each.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each pieces thinly into a rectangular shape about 7-8 inches long and 4-5 inches wide.
- Brush soft butter onto the center part. Roll out and seal by pinching all the edges. Form into a long, log shape about 12-14 inches long. Shape into twirl or spiral.
- Place them into a grease ensaymada molder, or into baking pan with a muffin cup. Let them rest in warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bake them in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for at least 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Remove the muffin cups. Brush the bread with softened butter, dip into a bowl of sugar and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!