One pan chicken tomato with rice is out of this world. It’s another of our 30 minute recipes which will make you life so much easier. I make it up at once a month and my family and friends love it. I have to add it’s great for a midweek meal.
I use chicken thighs as I like the taste, but you can use boneless skinless breasts if you like. The fat adds a nice texture to the dish though.
In therms of the spices, I use salt, pepper, onion, garlic, bell peppers, but you can add the spices of your choice.
- 4 chicken boneless thighs or breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of long grained rice or the rice of your choice
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 can (800 ml) of crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 3 leaves of chopped basil
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Put the chicken in and season it with the salt and pepper.
- Allow them to cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper. Saute until fragrant. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Add in the rice, paprika, pepper, salt, and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour in the chicken stock and crushed tomatoes. Stir until well combined.
- Put the chicken back in, and let it simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Place a lid on the pan and let it cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the basil and lemon.
- Serve and enjoy your one pan tomato chicken.