An Oreo Reese’s chocolate tart is simply divine. Just imagine a tart made with Reese’s peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and an Oreo base crust. The result is beyond words. Believe me, the kids will love it. Give it a try, and let us know what you think.
Before making this tasty Oreo Reese’s chocolate tart, let’s talk about a few tips. Firstly, I use the mini Reese’s as I find the regular ones are too bulky. We quarter them in this recipe, but you can cut and design them any way you wish. I use whipping cream, but heavy cream or half and half can be used, as well. If you think the tart might be a little on the sweet side, you can use unsweetened chocolate chips. We use Reese’s peanut butter chips, but you can use any brand you like. Pre crushed Oreo crumbs are available in most stores, but if you can’t find them, simply crush up a few cookies. I use a tart pan with a removable bottom. If you can’t find one, any tart pan will suffice.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 cup of heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of Oreo crumbs
- 4 tbsp of melted butter
- 6 -8 mini Reese’s, quartered
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and the butter. Mix until you get a wet, sandy mixture.
- Place the mixture into the bottom of a tart pan and use your fingers or a blunt object, such as a small bowl, to flatten it out. Be sure to press the mixture up around the side of the tart pan.
- Pour half the heavy cream into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, put the peanut butter chips in, stir, and melt them.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the Oreo crumbs. Place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes to partially set.
- Pour the other half of the cream into a pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, put the chocolate chips in, and allow them to melt.
- Pour the chocolate chip mixture over the peanut butter mixture.
- Arrange the quartered Reese’s pieces over the top. Place the tart in the fridge for about 2 hours to set completely.
- Remove the tart from the pan, slice, serve, and enjoy your Oreo Reese’s chocolate tart.