Ultimate Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Add about half the cheese to the top of one of the pieces of bread. Push excess cheese towards the centre.
- Take the 1/4 cup of butter and add some cheese to it followed by the garlic, parsley, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Heat you pan to medium heat. Add in 1/4 of the butter mixture followed by the sandwich. Swirl it around to ensure the bread is coated with the butter.
- Place a lid over the sandwich (pressing down on it a little) and fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip the sandwich, place the lid over it again and fry for about 1 minute and 15 seconds. Make sure the cheese is melted in the centre and the bread is golden brown.
- Remove and plate the sandwich.
- Serve your garlic butter grilled cheese sandwich up with some pickles and ketchup and enjoy.
There are a few variations to this sandwich. To begin with, I use Tex Mex grated cheese. It can be purchased already grated in a bag. It also contains the perfect mixture of mozzarella, Monterey Jack, and cheddar. This provides a perfect mixture of cheeses. I have also been known to use extra old sharp cedar with to too. I use white bread, but you can use the bread of your choice. Sour dough bread is always nice too. Serve you garlic bread grilled cheese sandwich up with some pickles and ketchup. Just watch your family and friends devour it.