Tomato basil pesto grilled cheese is simply out of this world. I often call it “The Ultimate Sandwich.” Made with a delightful combination of sun dried tomato pesto, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil, your guest will rant and rave and ask for the recipe without a doubt.
This recipe can be changed in a few ways. First, mozzarella, if you’re not fond of it, can be substituted for just about any cheese. An old sharp cheddar is always nice, but feel free to use the cheese of your choice.
I enjoy fresh tomatoes on my sandwich but onions, ham, or anything like that, can be added, as well. Pepperoni can be used to make it more like a pizza if you wish.
Fresh basil leaves give the sandwich a nice touch. If you’re are not a basil fan, any kind of herb or spices can be added.
Give our tomato pesto grilled cheese sandwich a try, and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 – 3 tbsp of sun dried tomato pesto
- 2 – 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 slices of tomato
- 1 thick slice of mozzarella
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Butter each piece of bread and flip it over on the plate.
- Spread 1 tbsp or more of sun dried tomato pesto over the unbuttered side followed by the mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, basil, and the top piece of bread.
- Place the sandwich into a skillet or frying pan and fry it, over medium high heat, for about 3 minutes on each side or until it’s golden brown.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your tomato pest grilled cheese sandwich.