Tuna Salad Stuffed Potatoes
Recipe Type: Appetizer
This tuna salad stuffed potato recipe is simply out of this world. It is fast, easy, and kind of your throw together recipes. It is great for a lunch or midweek meal and something the entire family will love.
- 2 large russet potatoes or the potatoes of your choice
- 120 gram can of tuna in water – tuna in oil will do too
- 4 tbsp of may
- 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 squeeze of lime or lemon
- 2 large chunks of cheddar cheese – is use extra old
- Preheat your oven to 400 F or 200 degrees C.
- Make a slice down the potatoes vertically about a quarter of the way down and the same horizontally. This will release the air and allow them to bake evenly.
- Place in the oven a bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- To make the tuna salad, add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Once the potatoes are done continue slicing them about 3/4 way to the bottom of both slits.
- Spoon the tuna salad mixture in and grate the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Serve and enjoy your roast potato and tuna salad
I use russet potatoes in the recipe, but you can use Yukon jacks, white potatoes, or the potatoes of your choice. I find tuna in water works best but tuna in oil can also be used. Use the brand of your choice, but I always try and remember that the better the quality, the better the outcome. The amount and the spices in general are only my suggestions, you can adjust them according to your taste.[br][br]Give our tuna salad stuffed potatoes a try. As always, drop us a line and let us know what you think.