Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken macaroni salad is one of the most popular salads anywhere. It makes an excellent side dish with many meals. It is fantastic for picnics or barbecues. This recipe is exceptionally pleasant and tasty. Serve this dish at Christmas, New Years, or at any party. It will be a guaranteed hit.
You can use whole chicken parts or boneless, skinless breasts in this recipe. Of course, if you use whole chicken parts, you will have to remove the skin and bone. This will also give you the advantage of using the dark meat which many recipes don’t use. You can cut the chicken into chunks or cubes, but it’s best if the meat is shredded as it will blend better with the ingredients. The use of pineapple is optional; although, it does add a nice touch. You can use your favorite kind of mayo. Many people like a lighter, original mayonnaise. Others prefer Miracle Whip. It is totally your call. Of course, you can use your favorite pickle relish. I like a sweet relish as it adds a bit more sweetness to the chicken macaroni salad.
- 150 g elbow macaroni, boiled and drain
- 1/2 kilo chicken, boiled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 big can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 3 tbsp pickle relish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino, American
(5 / 5)
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to package directions.
- Boil the chicken breasts or parts until they are tender, drain, and shred them. Set them aside.
- Drain the pineapple chunks and discard the juice. Set them aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients including the chicken and cooked macaroni noodles. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated and serve.
- Of course, enjoy your chicken macaroni salad.