Crispy Whole Fried Chicken – Max’s Style
When I was in the Philippines, I remembered this popular restaurant called Max. Its all over the country, in mall and busy streets. They served crispy skin whole fried chicken with vegetables and gravy on the side. It was crispy and delicious. This recipe is not exact replica of their chicken but close enough when it comes to taste and flavor. I chose lemon grass for stuffing because of its unique aroma and it gives flavor to the chicken. However, you can stuff it with onion, green onions, ginger if you cant fine lemon grass. I basted it with fish sauce so its salty when you bite the chicken skin. There is nothing to worry about if the chicken is raw, because it was steamed for 40 minutes. Some people boil it over medium low heat. Setting it aside in fridge to chill make its skin crispy when you fried. You can double fried it to make sure its crispy and golden brown.Video:
- 1 whole chicken about 1 to 1.4kg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- lemon grass for stuffing
- Clean chicken and rub salt around it. Stuff with lemon grass.
- Steam or boil for 40 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Baste with fish sauce. Sprinkle pepper. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Deep fry chicken until crispy golden brown about 5 minutes on each side.
- serve with gravy. Enjoy
Share This Recipe