Lime Soy Coated Chicken
Lime soy coated chicken is a produces an incredible combination of flavours. We add a bit or sugar so the dish has the sweet and sour greatness. This is part of our dinner in 30 minute collection which makes it a fantastic midweek meal. The great thing is, most of the ingredients will be hiding right in your pantry and fridge.
You can, of course, adjust the recipe according to your liking to give it that personal touch. To begin with, if you want to add more or less of the spices suggested in the recipes feel free to do so. If you are a garlic lover and want to add more. Consider, however, that the lime and soy sauce are the stars of the dish. You can experiment with the amounts of these ingredients too.
I use vegetable oil to fry my chicken, but you can use the oil of your choice. Sometimes oils such as peanut oil are a bit healthier. Whatever oil you use, try to get it to about 350 degrees F or 177 C.
Give our lime soy coated chicken a try and, as always, let us know what you think.Video:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of water
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of hot pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Add the chicken, egg, flour, corn starch, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mix until well combined and the chicken is completely coated.
- Add about 2 inches of vegetable oil to a wok or frying pan and heat it to 350 degrees F or 177 C. Fry the chicken, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Set it aside in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, water, garlic, pepper flakes, sugar, and lime to a small sauce pan. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Let it boil for about 4 or 5 minutes until it slightly caramelizes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss until it is completely coated.
- Serve over a bed of hot rice and garnish with some chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy your lime soy coated chicken
Share This Recipe