Milk Chocolate Bits
Milk chocolate bites are so simple and delicious. Made with 4 simple ingredients and the filler of your choice, they make your dessert or snack so easy. I make them up during the week as they last for a few days and make a great luch box filler. The kids simply love them. Give them a try and let us know what you think. The tips to making these milk chocolate bits are as follows: First, you can alter the sugar content according to your liking. I find that half a cup is perfect, but you can be the judge. You might even consider brown sugar as a variation. We use walnuts, Rice Krispies, and sweetened coconut flakes as fillers, but you can add whatever you wish. In example, bran or oats would be nice, as well. You can also add as much, or as little, of the filler as you want. In terms of the ice cube tray, I found this really cool stick ice cube tray in the dollar store, which worked perfectly, but a standard tray works just fine. I’ve often thought a heart shaped tray would look nice too.
- ½ cup of cocoa
- ½ cup of powdered milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 stick (113 grams) of butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp of crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp of sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp of Rice Krispies
- Add the butter, sugar, cocoa and powdered milk to a bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into three equal portions, and add each portion to a separate bow.
- In the first bowl, put the walnuts in and mix until well combined.
- Add the Rice Krispies to a second bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- In the third bowl, add the coconut flakes and mix.
- Evenly distribute each mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Set it aside in the fridge to chill.
- Serve and enjoy your milk chocolate bars.
Share This Recipe