Pork chops with pineapple salsa is a simple and elegant dish. The salsa gives it a bright and aesthetically pleasing appearance. The entire recipe can be prepared in about half an hour. The rub combined with the pineapple salsa creates an explosion of flavors.
The cooking tips are as follows: Pork chop loins are the best cut of meat; although, you could use any cut of chop. It is important that the pork chops are at room temperature before you apply the rub. I usually let them sit out for about half an hour. The use of jalapeno peppers is optional, but they add a nice kick to the salsa. I get a 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks and cut them in fine bits to create the tidbits. When cooking the salsa, only allow it to cook over medium heat for about 4 or 5 minutes. You want it to the point of just being cooked through and not too mushy. When cooking the chops, you can use a charcoal or gas grill. You can also use a grilling pan. About 5 minutes on each side will usually suffice, but you want an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
For the Salsa:
- 20 oz of undrained pineapple tidbits
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
For the Chops and the Rub:
- pork chop 1 inch thick (pork loin chops)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- Servings: 4
- Level: Easy
- Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Combine the pineapple, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers, salt, and cumin in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 4 – 5 minutes. Set it aside in a warm place.
- Add the lemon juice, thyme, black pepper, olive oil, and garlic to a bowl. Mix until it’s well combined. Brush or spoon the sauce over both side of the pork chops.
- Put the chops on a hot grill and cook them until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. This should take about 5 minutes on each side.
- Sever the chops up with the salsa. Enjoy your pork chops in pineapple salsa.