Honey sesame chicken is so easy to make and delicious. I make it up as one of my midweek meals as is is so fast and easy. As I often say, you family and friends will love it. It is a great meal to come home to.
As usual, there are a few alterations you can make. First off, we use boneless chicken breast, but you can use the cut of your choice. Make sure the cooking time is adjusted accordingly.
You can use chicken stock or water. Personally, I prefer chicken stock as it gives such a nice taste to the dish. It is a matter of personal preference. You do not have to add salt as soy sauce added.
You can use the honey of your choice but be sure to use a good brand as it is the essence of the dish.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 3 chicken breasts pounded and flattened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- 4 green onions, chopped
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock or water
- pepper to taste
- To make the sauce:
- Add the chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, honey, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add the chicken to some cling wrap and, using a pounder, fatten them out by pounding them a few times. Then, slice into strips.
- Put some oil into a preheated pan, over medium high heat, and fry the chicken until cooked. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add in the green onions and garlic. Saute them until fragrant.
- Pour the sauce in, allow it to boil, and stir until thickens.
- Add to a bed of hot rice and server.
- Enjoy your honey sesame chicken.