Herb and garlic roasted chicken is a creation of spices and chicken. My family and friends simply love it. I always serve it up during the festive season or on weekends. It’s a great Friday night treat too, if you have time. I always serve my chicken up with steamed veggies and mashed potatoes. Some gravy is nice too.
The bird I use is about 1.2 to 1.4 kilos. This serves 4 or 5 people well. You can use a bigger chicken, but you would have to adjust everything accordingly – especially the cooking time. You can also add extra spices if you wish.
Try it and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1.2 to 1.4 kg chicken
- 6 tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs of rosemary or to taste
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme or to taste
- 2 cloves of pressed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 wedges of lemon
- 1small onion wedged
- Heat your oven to 375 F or 190 C.
- Add the butter, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the lemon and onion.
- Peel the skin back from the cavity a little and spoon the 1/2 the butter mixture inside. Be careful not to break through the skin.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the top of the chicken and season well with pepper.
- Tie the legs together with cooking string.
- Place in a roasting pan and bake it for an hour and 30 minutes.
- Carve, serve, and enjoy your herb and garlic roasted chicken.