Garlic sausage fried rice is one of the best rice dishes I have ever tasted. The great thing is, it only involves a few ingredients and can be made up in about 20 minutes or less. It makes a great side dish or can stand alone as a complete meal.
There are a few tips and suggestions to making up this savory sausage garlic fried rice. First you can use any type of sausages you have on hand or is your favorite. For example, German or honey garlic sausages would compliment the dish nicely. We use hot Italian sausages because they are our favorite. I always remove the casings, as they crumble better.
Six cloves of chopped garlic seems like a lot, but you want a fairly strong garlic flavor in the recipe. If you find it’s too much or garlic does not agree with you, feel free to scale it back a little; alternatively, if you are a garlic lover, add more. It is critical, however, to use fresh garlic.
As always, you can pepper according to your taste. More spices, of your choice, can be added if you are so inclined. For example, some ginger or onion might be a nice touch. Try not to add too many, however, or you will overpower the primary spices.
The sunny side up egg is totally optional, but I find the yolk compliments the dish so well.
In terms of the rice, we find long grain white rice works best, but you can certainly use brown rice or whatever you wish.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 hot Italian sausages or the sausage of your choice with the casings removed.
- 6 cloves or garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups of precooked rice
- Add some oil to a preheated pan and put the garlic and salt in. Saute it, over medium high heat, for 2 or 3 minutes or until it browns. Do not burn the garlic, as it will become bitter. Set it aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, crumble the sausages in and pepper to taste. Stir and fry them, over medium high heat, for 4 to 5 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Crumble the rice in and toss the rice and sausages until they are well combined.
- Add in the green onions and half the garlic. Toss once again until well incorporated.
- In the same pan fry the egg sunny side up.
- Serve the rice in a bowl and sprinkle the remaining garlic over the top. Place the egg on the side.
- Enjoy your sausage garlic fried rice.