Twice baked potatoes involve a simple process of baking the potatoes for sixty minutes in the oven and scooping the flesh out. After that, place the flesh into a mixing bowl and combine it with unsalted butter, milk, garlic powder, bacon, green onions, salt, and pepper. Take a potato masher and mash it together. Next, spoon the mash back into the skin, grate some cheese over the top, and put them back in the oven for an additional three minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven and garnish them with more bacon and green onions. The outcome is an incredible twice backed potato.
There are a few ways to alter the dish. For example, we use fried bacon and cube it into bite size bits. As an alternative, however, you can use bacon bits or even ham for that matter.
To make the dish creamy and silky, a combination of butter and milk is used. If you are not a fan of either one of these, you can leave it out and add a bit more of the other. An example is, if you do not want to use butter, simply add more milk.
I use white potatoes because they are my favourite. You can use the potato of your choice, however. Russets or other types make a good alternative.
Give our creamy and cheesy twice baked potatoes a try, and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 fairly large white potatoes or the potato of your choice
- 3 to 4 slices of bacon fried and diced into small pieces
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F 220 C.
- Wash the potatoes and place them in the oven for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes and allow them to cool completely.
- Cut the potatoes in half, spoon the flesh out, and place it into a bowl. Be sure not to spoon right to the skin.
- Add the milk, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mash the mixture together. Put in 2 strips of fried bacon, half the green onions, and mix it with a spoon.
- Spoon the mash back into the potato skins. Spread the grated cheese over the top.
- Lower the oven heat to 350 degrees F or 177 C and put the potatoes back in for an additional 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and garnish them with the remaining bacon and spring onions.
- Serve and enjoy your creamy and cheesy twice baked potatoes.
Watch the video and give our twice baked potatoes a try.