Cheesy ground beef tortillas are simple and easy. I usually make these up for birthdays and parties. They are also great for weekends or having friends over for a ballgame. Give them a try, and let us know what you think.
The cooking tips to these tasty tortillas are as follows: First, try to use lean ground beef. If you don’t have it on hand, be sure to drain the fat off. You can add as much onion and garlic as you like, or you can leave one or both out. The corn is optional, but it adds a nice touch. If you’re not a corn lover, you can leave it out or substitute it with green peas or something else. I like to keep my tortillas simple, so I simply top them with tomatoes and cheese. You can add the topping of your choice, however .Lastly, you can make your tortillas from scratch or buy them from the grocery store.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 kilo (1.2 lbs) of lean ground beef
- 1 tsp of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels (1/2 cob)
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 5 – 6 tortilla wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add some olive oil to a preheated pan. Put the onion and garlic in and saute over medium high heat for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the ground beef in and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes until it’s browned. Add in the cumin, salt, pepper, and corn. Cook it for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Spread some tomato sauce onto the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place about 4 tbsp of the filling onto the tortilla wrapper. Leave about 1 inch of the outside edge of the wrapper free of the filling. Spread the cheese and tomatoes over the top. Using your fingers, press the wrapper down around the filling and roll it. Place the tortilla into the backing dish and repeat this process for the remaining filling and wrappers. Drizzle some tomato sauce over the top.
- Place the tortillas into the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your cheesy ground beef tortillas.