No bake white chocolate Oreo balls are fun and easy to make. I usually serve them up at parties. Believe me, there are never any left. They are a great hit with young and old alike. Give them a try, and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these tasty little treats. You can use any flavor of Oreo cookie, but my favorite is vanilla. We use semi sweet white chocolate in this recipe, but you can use your chocolate of preference. Almond chocolate would really be nice, as well. It’s important to note that when the chocolate is melted and creamy to remove it from the heat. If you don’t, it will overcook and begin to solidify again. Placing the Oreo balls in the freezer for a few minutes is likewise important. If you don’t don’t this, they will crumble when you dip them into the chocolate. They take a few minutes to harden up after dipping them in the chocolate, and they store nicely in the fridge for a few days.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 cups of semi sweet white chocolate
- 2 sleeves (30 cookies) of vanilla Oreo cookies
- 113 grams (1/2 bar) of cream cheese, at room temperature
- Place the Oreo cookies into a zip lock bag and crush them using a blunt object. I use a meat tenderizer. You can also use a food processor if you have one. You want a dry, sandy mixture.
- Put the crushed cookies into a bowl and add in the cream cheese. Begin mixing it using a spoon and change to an electric mixer. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can continue with the spoon. You want a wet, sandy mixture.
- Using a spoon, scoop up a heaping tsp of the mixture. Place it into the palm of your hand and roll it into a ball. Set it aside on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat the process for the remaining mixture. Place the balls in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put the white chocolate into a bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of soft boiling water. You can also use a double boiler or melt them in the microwave, as well. Melt the chocolate down over low heat while stirring. After the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove it from the heat.
- Take the Oreo balls out of the freezer and place a toothpick into the center of each ball. Pick up a ball and dip it into the melted chocolate. Using a spoon, drizzle more of the chocolate over the top so the entire ball is covered. Set it aside on the parchment paper. Repeat this process for all of the balls and allow them to harden for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your no bake whit chocolate Oreo balls.