Sesame Ginger beef is a very simple recipe which requires a few basic ingredients. It is popular in many Western countries such as Canada, but it has its roots in Chinese cooking. The recipe is made from stir fried beef, a tangy sauce, and sesame seeds. Like many oriental dishes, the sauce is thick and perfect served with rice. You will always want a fair amount of rice on hand when serving this dish. Any cut of beef will do. You can use pork or chicken for this recipe, as well. Make sure its thinly sliced to make the outcome tender. You can add a little bit of of sugar if you don’t like the tangy sauce. For us, however, the sauce is just about perfect. Make sesame ginger beef today and inspire your family. They will love it for sure.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 lb beef (any cut)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 thumb size ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large carrot, cit in strips
- 3 stalks green or spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup water
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Chinese, Japanese
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Cut the beef into thin slices. You can use any cut of beef in this recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef stock, soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch. Add in 1/4 of the sauce mixture to the meat and stir until combined. Save the remaining mixture for later use.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Add the beef in and fry it in batches over medium high heat until it turns light brown. Set it aside.
- Add in fresh oil, place in the ginger and garlic. Saute until they are fragrant.
- Put the carrots and the water in the pan. Cover them and simmer them for at least 4 minutes or until the carrots are tender and crisp.
- Place the beef back in and pour in remaining sauces mixture. Allow it to simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens. Be sure to stir it occasionally.
- When the sauce thickens, turn off the heat. Add in the green onions and sesame seeds. Stir until nicely combined. Turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!