Sweet and sour muffin pan meatballs are simple and delightful. They can be made up in about 35 to 40 minutes which makes them a perfect midweek meal. I really enjoy these tasty meatballs served up with some mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. Don’t forget some nice homemade dinner rolls, as well. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few simple tips to making this recipe. First, I use lean ground beef. You can, however, use ground sirloin for a better meatball. You can use as much or as little salt and pepper depending on your taste. I’m a pepper love, so I use quite a bit in mine. The same applies to the Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. The Tabasco sauce is completely optional, but I like the heat it provides. If you want a little more heat, you could add some red pepper flakes in, as well. The bread crumbs and egg are the binding agents, so you should adhere to the suggested amounts. Lastly, this recipe makes 6 fairly large meat balls. If you want them a little smaller, use an extra muffin pan.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo (1 lb) of lean beef
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 – 5 drops of tabasco (optional)
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Yield: 6
- Time: 40minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Italian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- In a bowl, add the vinegar, half the ketchup (1/4 cup), and the brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the beef in a separate bowl. Add in the bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, egg, tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix until everything is well combined. Form the mixture into 6 round balls of even sizes.
- Lightly spray a 6 cup muffin pan with baking spray. Pour even amounts of sauce into each muffin cup and place the meatballs in.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.