Shepherds Pie Made Easy
Shepherd's pie is commonly referred to as cottage pie when made with beef. Traditionally it is made with lamb, but I like to make it with lean ground beef. Using veggies, beef broth, and other spices, it is out of this world. It does not take long to make and the entire family will love it.
- ½ kg or 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup of frozen mixed veggies
- ½ cup of beef broth
- 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- For the potatoes:
- 2 tbsp of butter
- large potatoes, boiled until fork tender and mashed
- 4 tbsp of milk
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the beef in a pan and fry until golden brown.
- Put in the garlic, onions, and mixed veggies. Saute until the onion and garlic are fragrant.
- Pour in the beef broth, worcestershire sauce, and ketchup, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined and simmer for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a casserole dish
- Combine the potatoes with the butter, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Mash until well combined.
- Place the potatoes over the hamburger mixture and smooth out.
- Spread the cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375 F 190 C for about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your shepherd''s pie.