This is a request from one of my friends. So, I made my version of no bake Lasagna. This is by all means, not traditional but, simply easy to put together especially when you crave for lasagna. You can always, bake it or microwave before serving it.
As always, you can adjust the ingredients according to your liking. For example, if you like garlic, go ahead and add more.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 1/2kilo or 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 bottle of spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- FOR BECHAMEL OR WHITE SAUCE:
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella
- fresh basil
- Boil the noodles for about 14 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Fry the ground beef for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add in the onion and garlic and saute until they are fragrant.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce and water. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a new pan followed by the flour and stir until dissolved. Whisk until flour dissolved.
- Pour in milk and whisk continuously until thickens. Turn off heat.
- Put the cheeses in and whisk again until melted.
- Add a layer of sauce to the bottom of a dish followed by overlapping noodles.
- Another layer of sauce and sauce and basil – basil is optional.
- Place another layer of noodles over. You can layer this as much as you like.
- Serve and enjoy your no bake lasagna.