Chicken stuffed pizza is sensational. I developed a craving for both pizza and chicken one day and decided to combine them. Believe me, the outcome was incredible. Serve these up for dinner and they will be an instant hit especially with the kids. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
Let’s discuss a few pointers to making our chicken stuffed pizza. First, the suggested toppings are the ones I enjoy. You can use whatever you like. As with any pizza, the main ingredients are the pepperoni and the pizza sauce. The basil is completely optional, but I find it really adds a nice touch. Make sure you use a fairly thick chicken breast; otherwise, it will be difficult to butterfly. They bake beautifully in about 25 minutes but ovens to vary so keep an eye on them. I usually make a small slice in one of the breasts just to make sure it’s fully cooked. Lastly, fried rice goes really nicely with our chicken stuffed pizza.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 9 pieces of pepperoni
- 1/4 cup of diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 3 bazil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 C).
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board or flat surface. Swirl the pizza sauce over each breast. Add the pepperoni, basil leaves, red bell peppers, and half the mozzarella cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and fold the breasts together.
- Swirl a bit more pizza sauce into the bottom of a baking pan. Place the chicken breast in. Pour more pizza sauce over the top followed by the remaining mozzarella and cheddar.
- Place the chicken breasts in the oven and bake them for about 25 minutes.
- Plate you chicken stuffed pizza, spoon some of the juices over the top, serve, and enjoy.