Chili chicken is a delightful combination of chicken and spices. The heat of the chili flakes combined with the touch of sweetness from the sugar and the addition of the other spices, make it out of this world. I always serve it up on the weekends or at dinner parties. Believe me, everybody will love it. Give it a shot, and let us know what you think.
Let’s talk about a few alterations and tips for this delicious recipe. A tablespoon of chili flakes seems like a lot, but it really adds a nice touch of heat to the dish. Of course, if you think it’s too spicy and hot, you can always cut back a little. The same applies to all of the spices. I find what we suggest in the recipe is a nice combination, however. You will have some extra sauce remaining in the bowl after you place the chicken on the baking sheet. What I usually do, is drizzle it over the chicken for some extra flavor. Twenty minutes in the oven is about perfect but ovens vary. Keep an eye on it. What I usually do after the suggested time is pull a larger piece out and slice it open a little, If there is no pinkness, you know it’s done.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Videos:[/btn]
- 5 medium chicken breast cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tbsp of chili flakes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of spring onions for garnish, chopped
- Place the chicken into a mixing bowl
- Add in all of the ingredients
- Using your hands or a spoon, message the spices on the chicken until it’s well covered
- Cover with cling wrap and allow it to marinate in the fridge for 3 hours
- fifteen minutes before you remove the chicken from the fridge, preheat your oven to 350 F (177C)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Lay the chicken on evenly.
- Place it in the oven and allow it to bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions
- Serve and enjoy your chili chicken
Baked chili chicken is ….