Baked ham and egg cups are an easy and delicious breakfast alternative. They are baked in an oven and resemble a mini muffin. When served, they are pretty and colorful.
The type of ham used is optional. You can also use smoked turkey, bacon, or your favorite deli meat. Just make sure you use thin slices. Some people like their eggs scrambled. In light of this, you can prick the top of eggs with a fork. In this recipe, however, we use whole, sunny side up eggs.
Every oven is different, so you have to keep an eye on the cups while they are baking. If you leave them longer than the suggested cooking time, they will be hard. Eighteen minutes produces a nice runny egg for dipping your toast into. The toppings are optional. You can use parsley, scallions, etc. If you want to try different breakfast experience, this is the recipe for you.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 4 thinly slices ham (smoked turkey bacon, etc.)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp spring onions chopped
- grated cheddar cheese
- pepper to taste
- baking spray for muffin tray
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Spray the muffin cups with baking spray or coat them with vegetable oil.
- Place the ham on each muffins cup. Gently tuck it inside. The decorative style is entirely up to you.
- Crack the eggs into each cup.
- Sprinkle with spring onions, grated cheese, and pepper to taste. If your ham is not salty, add some salt.
- Bake them in a preheated oven, at 200 degrees C for, for about 18 minutes. Keep an eye on them so the eggs don’t overcook. If you want them a little harder, leave them in for an extra minute or two.
- Serve them with your favorite condiments and enjoy!