Carrot cake cookie sandwiches are fast, easy, and delicious. I love them with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. Believe me, your family and friends will simply love them. They are a soft cookie which I really enjoy.
Some of the ingredients are optional, such as the raisins, but they add a nice touch. You can add pecans too if you like.
Try the recipe and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 stick of butter or 113 grams
- 1 cup of brown sugar or 225 grams
- 1 egg
- a few drop of vanilla extract
- a cup or 130 grams of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup or 90 grams of grated carrots
- 1 cup or 60 grams of oats
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- For the Filling:
- 120 grams or 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 125 grams of 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Add in the carrots, raisins, and oats. Mix until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, place about 1 tbsp on a baking pan lined with a parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F or 177 C for 15 minutes and allow it to cool completely.
- Add the cream cheese and confectioners sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract, and butter to a bowl. Mix until well incorporated. You want a creamy consistency.
- After the cookies have cooled, make the sandwich by adding the mixture to the centre of a bottom cookie and adding another to the top.
- Enjoy your carrot cake cookie sandwiches.