Chicken Alfredo fettuccine is an elegant pasta dish made with fettuccine noodles, cream, cheese, and chicken. This classic dish originated in Italy. It has become popular around the globe. The Alfredo sauce, which is white, rich, and creamy, makes the pasta dish delicious and tasty. In this recipe, we use two different kinds of cheeses: Monterrey Jack and Parmesan. Basically, you can use whatever type of cheese you want. If you have cheddar, go ahead and use it. Now, a lot people want to have a pure white Alfredo sauce. The trick is to make the sauce separately and use white cheeses. Today, ready made Alfredo sauce is often available in local markets. As usual, homemade sauce is always better in taste. One more thing is to make sure the dish is served fresh. It is not ideal to eat this cold, as it will be boring and unpleasant.
Many people often compare this dish to spaghetti carbonara. They are both have creamy Italian sauce, yes. But what is the difference? Authentic Carbonara uses bacon and eggs and does not use, heavy cream and garlic. It is often tossed with cheese, warm pasta, and water. Alfredo, the other hand, uses heavy cream, garlic, parsley and does not use eggs. Did we missed anything? Make this today. Let us now what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 250 g fettuccine noodles
- 3 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Monterrey jack or cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- parsley for garnishing
- Servings: 2
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Italian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Melt butter in a pan. Place chicken in and fry over medium heat for at least 3 minutes on booth sides or until light brown. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into cubes or bite size chunks.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles according to package instructions.
- In the same pan, pour the cream. Add the Parmesan and Monterrey jack cheese. Stir constantly using a wooden spoon over medium low heat until fully melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken back in and add the cooked fettuccine noodles. Toss until well incorporated for a few minutes. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!