Chicken piccata is a quick and easy dish. It involves a simple combination of boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half and pounded flat. After that they are dredged in flour and fried.
This is followed by a super yummy sauce consisting of butter, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, more butter, and capers.
Simply put the chicken back in and serve.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 knobs of butter
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup of white wine or cooking wine
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup of capers, drained
- chopped parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
- Lay each breasts on wrap on top and bottom and pound them out until about 1/4 in thick.
- Season them with a good application of salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and set them aside on a plate.
- Add olive oil to a preheated pan and fry the chicken for about 3 – 4 minutes on each side.Set them aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add in 1 knob of butter and allow it to melt down.
- Add in the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour in the white wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add in the other knob of butter followed by the capers and stir until combined.
- Put the chicken back in and spoon the sauce over. Simmer for a couple of minutes. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and place the lemon wedges over the top.
- Enjoy your one pan chicken piccata.