Blooming onion chips are super yummy and easy to make. They are great for game nights.
They simply are made up of all purpose flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and, pepper. Mix until well combined.
In a different bowl, add in two eggs, and half a cup of milk. Mix until well incorporated.
Take a white onion and trim the top off. Slice it into sections. Remove the core and place it in the flour mixture and the the egg mixture, and then place it back in the flour.
Deep fry at r350 F or 177 C until golden brown. Make the dipping sauce with sour cream and chives.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 large white onion, peeled, with the top trimmed off.
- In a bowl combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and mix until well combined.
- In a different bowl, add in the eggs, milk, and whisk until incorporated.
- Slice the onion into about 8 sections and when you turn it over it will bloom.
- Remove the middle core, place in the flour mixture and make sure it is fully coated.
- Place it into the egg wash and spoon it over.
- Put it back into the flour mixture.
- Deep fry at 350 F or 177 C for about 10 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Serve with the dipping sauce of your choice. I use sour cream and chives.
- Enjoy your blooming onion chips!