Nutella bars and so simple to make and incredibly delicious. Without a word of a lie, there is an incredible blend of richness and flavor in each bite. I usually make Nutella bars up on the weekends, slip them into a sealed container, and put them in the fridge. That way, you can snack on them during the week.. Believe me, the kids will love these amazing bars.
There are a few tips to making this dish. First, you can use whatever method you like to crush the crackers. I usually put them into a bowl and use the tip of a round meat tenderizer. Spreading the Nutella over the top of the cracker bed is the most difficult part of the recipe. Nutella, as yummy as it is, can be really difficult to work with at the best of times. I usually use two spoons, a tablespoon and a teaspoon, and kind of plot it over the top of the crackers. Then, I use a spatula and ever so gently spread it out little by little. You’ll have to add extra Nutella here and there. Don’t worry if you get some crumbs in the Nutella and if your mixture isn’t smooth and consistent – it won’t be. You’ll have to have some patience and play with this. I use a combination of peanuts and walnuts. You can use your favorite nuts, however. Any brand of condensed milk will suffice, as long as it’s sweetened. Lastly, make sure you allow the Nutella bars to cool completely before you attempt to slice them. You can even place them in fridge overnight.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup of Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts and peanuts, mixed
- Yield: 8-10 bars
- Level: Easy
- Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (177 C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Graham crackers with the melted butter. Use a spatula and mix it until you get a wet sandy mixture.
- Line a baking dish with some parchment paper (an 8 by 8 dish works well). Add the Graham crackers to the dish, spread it out evenly, and gently pack it down with the spatula.
- Spoon some Nutella over the top and use a spatula to gently spread it out evenly as you can. This is the most difficult part as the Nutella is so thick and gooey. You’ll have to have some patience and play with it.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top, followed by the chocolate chips. Pour the condensed milk over.
- Place the mixture into the oven and let it bake for 35 minutes.
- Place the it on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely. Slice it into your preferred size bars, serve, and enjoy your Nutella bars.