Chicken pineapple rice has been influenced by neighboring countries of the Philippines such as Malaysia and China. It is a popular breakfast served in many hotels all over Asia. Many types of meat such as pork, shrimp, or even beef can be used for this recipe. Local Filipino Tocino can also be used. This dish is delicious, appetizing, and filling. Absolutely perfect for fiestas, birthdays and special occasions. Are you tired of fried rice in the morning? Add some spice to your rice and make this on weekend.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 3 medium chicken breast cubes
- 1 small can pineapple chunks drained
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sweet peas or frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp butter or cooking oil
- pinch crushed pepper
- Servings: 2-3
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Melt butter in a pan. Put in chicken breast and fry until light brown.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic until fragrant.
- Place in pineapple, sweet peas and raisins. Stir for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Add the cooked rice. Season with soy sauce and crushed pepper. Stir until combined.
- Turn off heat and serve.