Grilled macaroni and cheese is simple and delicious. The recipe is sometime referred to as mac melts. It’s really a unique way of dealing with left over macaroni and cheese. You can use the Kraft brand or make your own mac and cheese from scratch. I use brown bread in the recipe, but you can use your favorite bread. The same applies to the cheeses. My favorite is Edam and cheddar, but you can be as creative as you wish.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 cups of cooked macaroni and cheese
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 tbsp of Edam cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Butter one side of the bread and flip it over. Add 2 tbsp of Edam cheese over the surface. Evenly distribute one cup of macaroni and cheese over the Edam and add the cheddar cheese over the top. Place the second piece of bread on and butter it.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat. Place the macaroni and cheese sandwich in and fry, pushing down on occasionally with an egg flipper, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve and enjoy your grilled macaroni and cheese.