Lemon chicken with asparagus is nicely spiced and tangy. The beauty of the dish is its simplicity. The total preparation and cooking time is about 25 minutes. In light of this, it makes a great weekday dinner. I enjoy it served up with some steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
When cooking the dish, you want the chicken just to the point where parts of it are beginning to turn dark brown as it’s important not to overcook the chicken. The total cooking time should be about 8 minutes over medium high heat. I season it half way through the cook. You can, however, apply the salt and pepper before you begin frying it. I like the asparagus tender crisp. This means it’s cooked but still a little on the crispy side. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than mushy asparagus. The total cooking time should be about 4 or 5 minutes.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 bundle asparagus, cut into 4inches
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp of corn starch diluted in 2 tbsp of water
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil or olive oil
- Servings: 3-4
- Level: Easy
- Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American, Asian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Add in the onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute them over medium high heat until they are fragrant. Add in the asparagus and fry until it’s tender crisp. This should take about 4 minutes. Remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add in a little more oil. Put the chicken in. Stir and fry for about 4 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper and fry until it’s golden brown and cooked through. This should take about an additional 3 or 4 minutes Remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add in the chicken stock, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Stir and bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and asparagus back in. Add in the corn starch mixture and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve and enjoy our Lemon chicken wit asparagus stir fry.