Pineapple cherry pastry is super simple and incredibly delicious. It makes a great snack at parties as it can be eaten similar to pizza. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making this simple dessert. You can use any kind of pineapple, but we like the rings as they look so nice on the pastry. Again, the same concept applies to the cherries. You could slice them thinly and spread them over the top, but I like to place them in the center of the pineapple rings because they look so nice. You can make the pastry from scratch, but it can be bought so cheaply in the grocery store that it’s hardly worth the effort. Baking for 30 minutes at 400 degrees is just about perfect, but ovens do vary.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 9 pineapple rings
- 9 cherries
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup/ 113 grams) of cold butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the puff pastry out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place the pineapple rings evenly over the pastry and put a cherry into the center of each ring. Spread the sugar, cinnamon, and butter evenly over the top.
- Bake it for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your pineapple, cherry pastry.