Slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches involve a few simple ingredients and a bit of time. Believe me, they are well worth the time as they are simply delicious. I serve them up for dinner, social gatherings, snacks, etc. The most common comment is: “I just can’t stop eating these.” Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these incredible pulled pork sandwiches. First, you can use just about any cut of pork you like. We use loin pork roast simply because the quality of meat is so much better. It’s always the rule of thumb that the better the meat, the better the outcome. Some people cook their roasts for 4 hours on high. I strongly suggest the eight hours on low because it will be so much more tender. A cup of beef broth works great; however, you can use chicken or pork broth, if you wish. When you remove the onions, don’t discard them as you can use them on your sandwich. They are packed with flavor. You could also add a few baby carrots. I always serve them on hamburger buns, but you can use bread or whatever you wish. They even make a nice open faced sandwich with gravy and fries, as well. Use any type of BBQ sauce as long as it’s hickory. You want that nice smokey flavor.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- Pork Roast
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 sweet onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed slightly
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of hickory bbq sauce
- 1 tsp of honey mustard
- burger buns
- Lay a bed of the onions onto the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour in the beef broth followed by the soy sauce and lay the roast in. Place the garlic cloves around the side and pepper the top of the roast to taste
- Turn the slow cooker on low, place the lid on, and allow it to cook for 8 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the meat into pieces.
- Scoop the onions and garlic out of the sauce and place them in a separate bowl. Add the honey mustard and bbq sauce to the juice in the slow cooker and give it a stir.
- Put the shredded meat back in and allow it to cook, on low, for an additional 45 minutes to an hour.
- Toast the buns, place the meat on followed by a topping of coleslaw and put the top bun on.
- Serve and enjoy your pulled pork sandwiches.