Spaghetti and Meatballs is one of many variations of spaghetti, with the exception that it uses meatballs in the sauce. The meatballs are made from ground beef, onions, and bread. The secret to a good outcome is making the meatballs. There are many recipes on how to make meatballs. I have to say this recipe is, without the word of a lie, one of the best I have ever tasted. It has been handed down from my parents. They also make wonderful burger patties. It may seem like a lot of ingredients are used. You have to keep in mind, however, some of them are completely optional. You can make the meatballs with basic ingredients or use your preferred way of making them. The Sauce and the type of pasta used are optional, as well. You can use your favorite spaghetti sauce. These meatballs are also perfect with macaroni, angel hair, or penne pasta. This simple dish is easy and perfect for any kind of occasion.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 raw egg
- 4-5 drops Tabasco or chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- pinch basil (optional)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 red belle pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 300 g pasta or spaghetti
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American, Italian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Prepare the meatballs by combining the ground beef, onions, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Scoop up about 2 tablespoons of mixture and shape it into a round ball – about the size of a golf ball size. Set it aside.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Add in the meatballs and fry over medium heat, in batches, until nicely brown.
- Add cooking oil in a separate pan, add the onion and the garlic. Saute them until soft and fragrant. Pour in the pasta sauce and water. Add the bell peppers, basil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is well incorporated. Bring it to a boil.
- After a boil, place the fried meatballs in. Cover them and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes .
- 10 minutes before the sauce is cooked, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Place the cooked pasta on a platter. Pour the sauce over, add and arrange the meatballs on the top. Sprinkle with the grated cheese of you choice and serve. Enjoy your spaghetti and meat balls!