Spicy chicken wings are a classic comfort food which originated in the Southern States. They are commonly known as buffalo wings. They are traditionally deep fried and coated with breading. They are served with different sauces. Many parts of the chicken can be used such as the breasts, thighs, and legs. In this recipe, we bake the chicken wings instead of deep frying them. It is always a healthy alternative to frying. They will not, however, be as crispy as when they are deep fried, but they are just as delicious. The spiciness of chicken can be adjusted by adding more hot chili sauce or cayenne pepper. If you don’t have any chili sauce on hand, you can use any spicy seasoning such as hot pepper sauce, chili powder, or chili flakes, as long it will make the chicken spicy. Many adults prefer hot wings. I prepared them this weekend. They are my usual Friday night wings with a cold beer. If you have kids, make sure you adjust the spiciness so they can eat and enjoy them.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 12- 15 chicken wings
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp hot pepper or hot chili sauce for basting
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Servings: 4
- Time: 1 hour
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Wash chicken thoroughly and dry it with a paper towel.
- Combine the cayenne pepper, flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag. Toss the chicken in and shake until fully coated with the mixture. Place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove chicken from the fridge. Place it on a baking tray with a greased aluminum foil on the bottom.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for at least 4o minutes.
- After 4o minutes, baste the chicken with a combination of hot chili sauce and melted butter on all sides. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and serve!