Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cheese Dogs
Bacon wrapped stuffed cheese dogs are a great alternative to everyday hot dogs. These savory dogs are stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon. Served with the condiments of your choice, they are simple irresistible. They may be a little on the unhealthy side, but you don’t eat them everyday and they are a treat. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a couple of tips to making these delicious bacon wrapped cheese dogs. First, I like to use Italian sausage as they are bigger and tastier. You can, however, use regular hot dogs or the sausage of your choice. Sesame buns are best but it’s entirely up to you. I always use my favorite old cheddar cheese, but go ahead and use the cheese of your choice. Any brand of bacon will suffice.Video:
- 4 Italian sausages or wieners
- 8 strips of bacon
- 4 slices of hard cheddar cheese sliced in half
- condiments of your choice
- Slice the sausages down the center about ¾ of the way through and insert the cheese. Wrap 2 strips of the bacon around the sausage.
- Fry, over medium heat, turning them about every minute or so.
- Place the dogs on a toasted bun and add the condiments of your choice.
- Enjoy your bacon wrapped stuffed cheese dogs.
Share This Recipe