Ham and cheese pockets are so simply to make and incredibly tasty. They make a great finger food for parties and social gatherings. The kids will also love them in their lunch boxes. They make a fantastic snack or breakfast, as well. You can also make up a double batch, freeze them, and use them at a later date. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these delicious ham and cheese pockets. Firstly, I use frozen puff pastry simply because I always have lots and it’s so easy to use. You can make it from scratch or use pizza dough too. We limit our fillings to ham and cheese to keep it as simply as possible but any combination of fillings can be used. For example, you could add some onion, garlic, parsley, etc. The combinations are unlimited. About 25 minutes baked at 375 degrees yields a perfect pocket. Keep an eye on them, however, as ovens do vary. Be sure to brush them with egg wash because it makes them a nice, shiny golden brown.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 400 grams of puff pastry rolled out and cut into 4 squares
- 4 slices of cooked ham, chopped
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp of milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Place the ham and cheese into the center of each piece of puff pastry. Fold the outside edges of the pastry into the center and pinch them shut.
- Spray a baking sheet with some baking spray and place the pockets on seam side down. You can also line it with some parchment paper.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl and brush it over the top of the pockets. Sprinkle any remaining cheese over the top.
- Place them in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until they are golden brown and the pastry is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy your ham and cheese pockets.