Chocolate cookies, without a word of lie, are one of my all-time favorites. And let’s face it, not too many people can resist chocolate. These cookies are moist, rich, and filled with chocolate flavor. They are also quick and easy to make.
Many other recipes recommend baking these cookies for 8 to 10 min. This, however, produces a very soft cookie. In light of this, I usually leave my cookies in for 10 to 12 min. I should also add that if you want a richer cookie, you can add a few more chocolate chips and cocoa. If you want the cookie less rich, then simply do the reverse. If you don’t use all the cookie dough, or you don’t want to use it all, simply freeze it. It actually freezes very well. I always like to have some extra cookie dough in the freezer in case guests drop in unexpectedly and I have to bake something in a hurry.
It is also important to note that when you remove the cookies from the oven, they are very fragile. If you attempt to take them off the baking sheet at this point in time, they will fall apart. Be sure to allow them to cool for 5 to 10 min. before placing them on a wire rack. Allow them to sit on the wire rack for at least 30 min. before serving. These cookies will be fine sitting out in room temperature for several days. They are best, however, stored in an airtight cookie jar.
Serve your chocolate cookies up with a glass of milk or a cup of tea. Your family and friends will love these.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Servings: 5
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- In a mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter until well combined. It should be a texture that is light and slightly fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs to the mixture. Using a hand mixer or spatula, mix until everything is well Incorporated.
- Next, add the baking soda, salt, cocoa, and flour. Continue to mix until you get a nice thick, creamy mixture. Add the chocolate chips in and stir gently using a spoon or spatula. Do not use a hand mixer to incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Place approximately 2 teaspoons of the mixture into the palm of your hand, gently roll it into a ball, and place it on the bottom of the cookie sheet. Place your cookies about 2 inches apart. If you have a small ice cream scoop, you can use that, as well.
- Bake them in a 350° F preheated oven for 8 to 10 min for a very soft and chewy cookie or 10 to 12 minutes for a crunchier and harder cookie. Please note: when you remove the cookies from the oven, they should be firm around the outer edge and soft in the center. Allow them to sit on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before attempting to move them.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy your chocolate cookies!
Share This Recipe