Crock Pot Whole Roast Chicken
Crock pot whole chicken Is another fast and easy slow cooker recipe. I simply use a medium size chicken of about 1000 grams in this recipe. It seems to fit perfectly into a 6 liter slow cooker. We use carrots and celery in the bottom. This acts as a bed to keep the chicken off the bottom and adds addition flavor to the dish. It also give you some extra veggies with your meal. I cook the chicken for 6 hours on high. If you have a little more time, and want if fall off the bone, you can cook it for about 8 hours on low.
The stuffing and spices for this recipe is fantastic and simple. You can alter the stuffing a bit. For example, if you are not a garlic lover you can leave it out. The same applies to the spices, you can mix and match a bit with them. It is best, however, if you leave the recipe as is.
I serve my crock pot whole chicken up with the celery and carrots used as the bedding along with some mashed potatoes or rice. You can also make up a nice gravy, if you wish. Of course, some dinner rolls and a nice glass of red wine are always in order.
- 1 kg chicken
- 3 stalks of celery, cut in half
- 1/4 bag of baby carrots
- For the Rub:
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- olive oil
- 2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- For the Stuffing:
- 1 fresh lemon sliced in half
- 1 small onion sliced in half
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Servings: 4
- Level: Easy
- Time: 6 hours
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- Wash and pat the chicken dry. Place it into a container, and drizzle the olive oil over the top and all sides. Sprinkle the paprika, salt, and pepper over the top. Rub the spices into all sides.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the lemon, onion, garlic, and the rosemary sprig. Tie the legs shut using a string.
- Place the celery and carrots in the bottom of the crock pot. Place the chicken over the top. Put the lid on, set it on high, and allow it to cook for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, remove the chicken, slice and serve. Enjoy your crock pot whole chicken.