Ground Beef and Feta Flatbread
Ground beef and feta flatbread is made with spices, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and placed on homemade flat bread. You don’t have make the bread from scratch, I just prefer homemade. Of course, you can buy premade dough in just about any grocery store. You can use the cheese of your choice, but feta is one of my favorites.
This dish goes really nicely with fries or rice.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- To Make the Flatbread:
- 2½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ¾ cup of water
- pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 500 grams or 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of water
- Fresh basil
- 1 cup of feta cheese
- Add the flour, olive oil, water, and salt to a bowl. Using dough hooks, mix until smooth and elastic.
- Pick the dough up and form it into a ball. Cover and let rest for about 20 minutes.
- Place the ground beef in a pan and fry, for about 5 minutes or so, until golden brown.
- Add in the garlic, onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Fry for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Put the water and basil in and stir once again. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Cut the dough into 4 sections, flour a surface, and roll each section into a fairly large rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the filling on followed by the feta.
- Place the top on and fold the edges to seal it.
- Repeat the process for the other 2 pieces of rolled out dough.
- Put in a pan and fry until golden brown on each side.
- Cut each one in half and serve.