Rellenong Manok (Chicken Relleno)
Rellenong Manok (Chicken Relleno) is stuffed chicken cooked in a conventional oven stuffed with savory filling. The filling is similar to embutido and rellenong bangus. It can be served on festive occasions such as family gatherings, parties and special holidays such as Christmas and New Years. However, it is not that easy to prepare compared to other dishes such as Lechon Manok. This is because the chicken must be fully deboned in order for the recipe to be prepared properly. In the long run, the outcome is worth the effort. It is, nevertheless, succulent and delicious.
We have written an article complete with pictures outlining the step by step procedure for deboning a chicken.
- 1 whole dressed chicken deboned
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar For stuffing:
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 small carrot minced
- 1/4 cup green peas (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 2 sausages chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- salt and pepper
- Servings: 5
- Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Level: Advanced
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Marinate deboned chicken with soy sauce, sugar and lemon for at least 2 hours. Over night is preferred.
- For stuffing, combine the following in a mixing bowl: ground pork, onions, grated cheese, carrots, green peas, raisins, sausages, bread crumbs, pickle relish and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Using a flat surface, place the stuffing in the chicken arranging the hard boiled eggs in the center of the chicken; sew the chicken cavity securely. Wrap chicken with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken in a baking dish breast up and preheat oven into 350 degrees F.
- Bake chicken in oven at least 1 hour (depending on the size of the chicken).
- Remove chicken from oven and remove the foil from the top. Brush the top with softened butter.
- Place back into the oven uncover and bake until the top is brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Slice in serving pieces with gravy.
Share This Recipe