Chicken with bok choy is an incredibly simple recipe of Asian origins. It’s a great meal for the middle of the week, when you’re in a hurry, as the entire recipe can be ready in about half an hour. Don’t let it fool you though; although it’s simple, it’s incredibly delicious. Give it a try, and let us know what you think.
You can alter this recipe in a few ways. First, I use boneless, skinless breasts as they are fairly healthy and simple to work with. You can, however, use whatever cut of chicken you like. We can’t stress enough that it’s critical to use your favourite BBQ sauce as the taste is based almost totally on it. I like a sweet sauce, but you can use something with a little more of a tang or smoked flavor if you wish. You can add more or less of any of the ingredients depending on your taste. I use a bigger leafed bok choy but you can use baby bok choy if you want. I like my chicken wit bok choy served up rice but mashed potatoes work well too.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 3 whole cloves of garlic
- 3 heads of bok choy
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Mix the BBQ sauce, soy sauce, green onions, and garlic together in a mixing bowl. Stir and set it aside.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the chicken in and fry it, over medium high heat, for about 4 or 5 minutes until it’s cooked through. Set it aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add in the water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, place the bok choy in, and simmer it for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce in, stir, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken back in and toss until it’s completely covered with the sauce.
- Serve over a bed of hot rice.
- Enjoy your chicken with bok choy.