Lemon bars are simple and delicious. They are a nice combination of sweet and tangy. I usually make them up on the weekends and nibble on them during the week. They keep nicely in the fridge for a few days. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
For the Base:
- 2/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
For the Topping:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Yield: 6
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the base. Mix until they are well combined. Spray an 8 by 8 baking dish with baking spray and add the contents of the mixture in. Using your fingers or a spatula, smooth it out so you get a level, even distribution.
- Place it in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes until it’s golden and firm.
- In a separate bowl, add the ingredients for the topping. Mix until they are well incorporated.
- Remove the dish from the oven and pour the lemon mixture over the top. Place it back in the oven and bake it for an additional 25 minutes. Take the lemon bares out and set them aside on a wire rack. Remember that the bars will firm up as they cool.
- Cut the lemon bars into squares, serve, and enjoy.