Mashed potato cakes are a delicious combination of green onions, cheese, and my secret recipe for mashed potatoes. The outcome is just incredible. Believe me, friends and family will beg for the recipe.
As always, you can vary the spices, but I think you will enjoy the dish as is. Give it a try and let us know what you think. As always, you can vary the spices and ingredients. I like to keep things as simple and yummy as possible.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
Mashed Potato Cakes
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 3 large potatoes, mashed
- 4 fried strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp of butter, unsalted
- 2 to 3 tbsp of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 cup of the cheese of your choice
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes until for tender.
- Add in the butter, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mash until well combined.
- Now add in the green onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix until well combined.
- Add the mixture to about a 9 by 13 pan, smooth out, put some parchment paper over the top, and smooth it again.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
- Using a ring or cup punch out the circles. You can use squares if you like.
- Dredge them into the flour, egg, and bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil to 350 F or 180 C.
- Fry the cakes in batches until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped green onions.
- Enjoy your mashed potato cakes.